Self-certification by a customer who is a natural person, or by a contact person for the customer.
I understand that accountants have a reporting obligation pursuant to the Norwegian Money Laundering Act and for this reason are obliged to maintain an overview of who must be regarded as an undertaking's beneficial owners and
who must be regarded as politically exposed persons.
During my time as a customer/contact person for the customer, I will help to keep accountants informed of any changes to the information below.
As far as I am aware, the following applies for the assignment relationship:
1) About beneficial owners
Are there other beneficial owners 1 in addition to the customer? In a personal undertaking, this is relevant when the
undertaking has a co-owner other than the customer's spouse/registered partner or when someone else has a
controlling influence on the undertaking. The same applies where a transaction or activity is carried out on behalf of
another natural person.
If yes, please provide additional information about who these are: . Suitable documentation must also be presented
confirming their identity.
2) About politically exposed persons (PEPs)
- the customer him or herself;
- natural persons who may act on behalf of the customer;
- natural persons with a right of disposal in relation to the undertaking's bank account or any depository; or
beneficial owners 1 as mentioned above in point 1)
be regarded as a politically exposed person 2 in relation to the definition below? Are any of these close family
members 2 or close business contacts of such a politically exposed person?
If yes, please provide additional information about who these are, the type of political position/office they hold and
their role in the undertaking:
Definitions pursuant to the Norwegian Money Laundering Act:
1) beneficial owner: natural person who ultimately owns or controls the customer, or on whose behalf a
transaction or activity is being conducted
2) close family member: parent, spouse, registered partner, co-habitant and child, as well as child's spouse,
registered partner or co-habitant.
3) politically exposed person: person who serves or has served in the position or function of:
- head of state, head of government, minister and assistant minister;
- member of national assembly;
- member of a governing body of a political party
- member of a high-level judicial body, the decisions of which are not subject to further appeal, except in
- member of the board of an auditor general's office, a court of auditors or a central bank;
- ambassador, charge d'affaires or high-ranking officer of the armed forces;
- member of an administrative, management or supervisory body of a state-owned enterprise; or
- director, member of the board or other person in the senior management of an international